PAGE CONTENTS (Navigation)
- Heat resistance
- Chemical resistance
- Relatively low moisture absorption
- Strength or physical properties
- Not inherently flame retardant
- Requires good drying equipment
- High processing temperatures
Polyphthalamide (PPA) is a semi-crystalline, aromatic polyamide. Compared to nylon 6/6, it is stronger, stiffer, less sensitive to moisture, and has higher thermal capabilities. It has significant chemical fatigue and creep resistance.
PPA resins are suitable for a wide range of applications because of their outstanding physical, thermal and electrical properties. They can resist infrared soldering environments, unlike many other resins.
- DATA SHEETS: RTP 4000 Series polyphthalamide compounds physical properties
- CASE STUDIES: Applications using polyphthalamide compounds