RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
The Assistant Production Lead acts as a backup in the absence of the Production Lead. In addition, the Assistant Production Lead performs duties related to general production including the set up and operation of equipment which blends/mixes/packages/transports dry or liquid materials that comprise customer products. The Assistant Production Lead must emphasize the importance of meeting or exceeding customer requirements by remaining committed to the delivery of on-time, defect free products.
- Reports to the Production Lead and follows similar responsibilities in his or her absence
- When not filling in for the Production Lead, this position preforms the responsibilities of a General Laborer
- Other duties as assigned
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk and/or hear.
- Occasionally employee is required to sit
- Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and occasionally handle (with mechanical equipment) up to 250 pounds
- Specific vision abilities may require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Requires the use of safety equipment as dictated by the work area, such as but not limited to, safety glasses and shoes, respirators, face shield, hearing protection, coveralls, gloves, etc. Exposure to noise levels above the OSHA action level may be possible. Proper personal safety equipment is to be used while performing this job as pointed out by plant safety procedures.
- While performing the duties of this job (the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, fumes, airborne particles, chemical dust, and risk of electric shock and non-hazardous chemical agents)
- Employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles
- Employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous materials as defined by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard
- Mechanical aptitude is highly preferred
- Previous supervisor experience is ideal
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Cimpro, and related systems is a plus
- Familiarity with lean manufacturing processes is a plus
- Must have a positive attitude
- Excellent attendance
- Strong work ethic
- Works well with others
- Safety awareness
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Forklift experience preferred
- Mechanical skills preferred
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer