RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
The Color Lab Technician is responsible for supporting color experiments and projects outlined by the color development engineers and will be cross trained on various positions to better suport other team members during peak project times and vacation schedules. This position will be responsible for the completion of urgent projects and long-term projects as assigned by the Color Engineers as well as daily tasks assigned by supervisors. This is a hands-on position that requires significant training time of daily processes and lab work. This individual will work daily with Production Technicians, Color Matchers, QC Technicians, and Product Development Engineers. The overall responsibilities of this position will vary with the demands and needs of the Color Division and Color Management.
- Weigh, blend, and process experimental and samples
- Run all lab auxiliary equipment
- Consult with co-workers including teammates or supervisors to complete task as assigned
- Support color division or production when OT stresses the ability to cover required hours
- Work daily with manager as tasks are assigned including experimental, customers, sales request, and inventory control
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills
- Must be proficient with Excel, Word, PowerPoint & Outlook; must be adept at learning new software
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong work ethic
- Works well with others
- Safety awareness
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
Education and Experience
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Technical knowledge of color and plastic additives is preferable
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Specific vision abilities may require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- This position requires the use of safety equipment as dictated by the work area such as safety glasses, shoes, face shields, gloves, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other protected status.