RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
The Color Weigh Up is responsible for assisting co-workers with maintaining cleanliness and inventory of weigh up areas. This individual will weigh up pigments and additives for use in production.
- Maintains a clean working environment and monitors inventory levels associated with pigment mixtures used to color plastics
- Measures appropriate weights of pigments for specified customer colors
- Suggest improvements where necessary
- Assist the production colorist with molding color chips and other duties
- Specific vision abilities may require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- This position requires the use of safety equipment as dictated by the work area such as safety glasses and shoes, respirators, face shield, hearing protection, Tyveksuit, gloves, etc.
- Exposure to noise levels above the OSHA action level may be possible
- Proper personal safety equipment is to be used while performing this job as pointed out by plant safety procedures
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, fumes, airborne particles, chemical dust, and risk of electric shock and non-hazardous chemical agents
- Employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles
- The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous materials as defined by the OSHA Hazard Communication standard
- Passing score on the RTP Company Color Test
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have a positive attitude
- Excellent attendance
- Strong work ethic
- Works well with others
- Safety awareness
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
EOE, including disability/vets; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other protected status.