RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
This position is responsible for providing general building and grounds support by responding to and proactively identifying and resolving facilities-related maintenance needs. Tasks may include but are not limited to operation and maintenance of mechanical systems, HVAC systems, plumbing systems, and electrical systems, including lighting. In addition the facilities technician will be called upon to assist with moves/adds/changes in the office environment, perform minor carpentry, maintain fire protection and life-safety systems, assist in environmental compliance programs, and assure the building structure and grounds are appropriately maintained.
- Inspect interior and exterior building structures to assure functionality of systems, identify and make repairs and document actions and activities. Make recommendations to the facilities manager
- Perform minor electrical maintenance such as re-lamping and replacement or repair of electrical components such as wall switches and outlets
- Perform minor plumbing maintenance such as replacements for repair of leaking drains and faucets, unclog drains etc.
- Operate water and waste-water treatment systems including documenting meter-reads, changing filter media, conducting water quality testing, etc.
- Conduct and document prescribed testing of fire protecting systems, life safety systems, and emergency response equipment
- Perform office moves, furniture assembly/disassembly, and installs
- Evaluate, prepare, and paint structures, surfaces, and equipment
- Develop and complete preventative maintenance tasks for all building systems
- Perform general cleaning and maintenance tasks for all building systems
- Perform general cleaning and maintenance of the interior and exterior of facilities, including grounds keeping and snow removal (when necessary)
- Set up spaces for training, meetings, and events
- Adhere to all company policies
- Other duties as assigned by the facilities manager and/or onsite EHS team
Skills and Abilities
- Must have general knowledge of carpentry, plumbing, electrical, fire protection, HVAC systems: electrical or mechanical licensure preferred
- Must have experience using and be able to perform tasks safely with power tools
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and working in a team environment and independently
- Must be well organized and have a strong attention to detail
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate courtesy, tact, and confidentiality when dealing with customers (internal and external)
- Must be able to communicate with people in various positions and levels within the company
- Must be able to read and understand blueprint
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to operate forklifts, material handling equipment, and scissors/boom lifts
- Must be comfortable with elevated work
- Must have the ability to read, write and speak English
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time as well as look at a computer screen
- Occasional travel to other locations may be required
- Regularly required to work both inside and outside
EOE, including disability/vets; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other protected status.