RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
We are currently looking for a High Volume Machine Operator at our Winona, MN facility. This position is responsible for the set up and operation of thermoplastic extrusion equipment that blends, mixes, packages, and transports dry or liquid materials to produce customer products.
- Set up, start, and operate machinery to mix, extrude, discharge, or handle materials according to operating procedures ensuring strands of material are continuous and ensure all controls for adherence to operating/safety procedures and ISO standards.
- Weigh ingredients to meet specifications and insert into machinery, or ensures the correct ingredients are delivered to the work area and insert pre-blended materials into machinery.
- Monitor production and equipment to ensure safe and efficient operation.
- Troubleshoot equipment and processing issues.
- Examine materials visually or physically to ensure conformance with established standards.
- Transfer samples of materials to the lab for evaluation and follow instructions on any batch adjustments if needed.
- Package the finished pelletized materials in containers and/or bags.
- Refer issues/problems to Productions Lead or Production Managers for disposition.
- Perform all required machine cleaning.
- Complete and maintain all required system inputs/transactions. Responsible for data integrity.
- Document work completed as required including logs, data reports, procedures, etc.
- Participate in training, retraining, and continual improvement processes and methods.
- Follow and complies with all safety and work rules and regulations. Maintains departmental housekeeping standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Abilities
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work process, and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
- Must be able to operate/monitor equipment during operation to ensure quality production
- Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs. regularly and stand for an 8-hour shift
- Must be able to read and follow manuals and procedures
- Must be able to maintain a clean and safe workspace
- Must be dependable and have excellent attendance
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must be willing and able to work overtime as needed. (Note: Reduced overtime options are available with rotating weekend schedules and trading opportunities)
- Must be willing and able to work in temperature extremes – hot and cold
- Must be able to pass a forklift test
- Must be able to pass a respirator fit test
EOE, including disability/vets; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other protected status.