RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
This position involves administrative tasks and services to support effective and efficient operations of the organization’s Human Resources (HR) Department. The employee in this role will work closely with company stakeholders in recording, tracking, organizing, and reporting key human resources information, and will support both plant and corporate activities.
- Facilitates, records, tracks, and reports on various HR processes for recruiting, compensation, benefits, training, equal employment, and employee records to include but not limited to affirmative action, applicant tracking, new hires, terminations, performance, headcount, HR metrics, job descriptions, etc.
- Assists with recruiting steps such as posting jobs, reference checks, and applicant logs
- Performs new hire and termination entry into key tracking documents/systems
- Assists with preparing turnover, attendance, staffing and related tracking/reporting
- Enters and reports status exit interviews and other related HR tracking
- Prepares new hire folders and orientation materials, assists with portions of orientation or benefit communications as needed
- Assists in organizing, streamlining, and making the HR processes more effective and efficient
- Maintains accurate and up-to-date human resource files, records, and documentation
- Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of human resource files and records
- Performs periodic audits of HR files and records to ensure that all required documents are collected and filed appropriately.
- Provides administrative support to the CHRO and HR department
- May assist with planning and execution of special events such as benefits enrollment, organization-wide meetings, employee recognition events, holiday parties, and retirement celebrations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Must have effective communication skills, writing skills, and exceptional attention to detail
- Must have a broad knowledge of HR policies and systems and/or be resourceful to know where to find information
- Must have familiarity with HR software and intermediate knowledge of MS Office and other document creation software
- Must be able to read, analyze, and interpret complex documents
- Must demonstrate effective customer service to all those the position serves: internal and external customers
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to work with all levels of employees and be a strong team player
- Must be able to handle confidential information/matters with discretion
Education and Experience
- Associate degree in a business field and 1+ years related experience, or a combination of education and work experience
- Intermediate experience in HR software and MS office required
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands, arms, and fingers for typing/filing, etc.; and talk or hear when addressing customers. The employee is required to stand and walk to enter and visit other office and production areas. The employee must be able to lift and/or move up to 10-20 pounds when managing employee activities (i.e. picnic). Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus for regular computer work, filing, compliance submittals, etc.
EOE, including disability/vets; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other protected status.