RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
We are currently seeking a HVAC Technician at our Winona, MN facility to ensure efficient operation and maintenance of mechanical, electrical, plumbing, HVAC/R equipment and systems for RTP Company facilities. Responsibilities include maintaining a clean and safe work environment, administering regular evaluations and repairs, and performing day-to-day preventive and corrective maintenance.
- Perform preventive maintenance and system repairs in accordance with RTP Company standards, manufacturer recommendations, and industry best practices throughout RTP Company facilities. This includes but is not limited to:
- Maintain heating equipment, chillers (air and/or water-cooled), DX systems, cooling towers, fluid pumps, air distribution systems, etc.
- Ability to troubleshoot HVAC/R systems, related controls, motors, etc.
- Preventive maintenance duties include changing filters, cleaning coils, greasing pumps and motor bearings as required, adjusting belts, aligning pulleys and shafts, and performing annual inspections and other scheduled routines as directed by the supervisor
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, control gauges, distributor panels, thermostats, ceiling diffusers, and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment in the workspace
- Troubleshoot, evaluate, and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement cost saving opportunities
- Respond immediately to emergency situations, fire evacuation, equipment failure, etc.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agencies, and company directives as it relates to building operations and practicing safe work habits
Essential Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have an associate degree or two-year degree from a technical college in building operations or related mechanical field
- Experience in operation, maintenance, and necessary repair of HVAC/R equipment, pumps, refrigeration systems, compressed air systems, water systems, controls, etc. (certification in one of these areas is a plus)
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work with limited supervision
- Must have a positive attitude and be dependable with excellent attendance and strong work ethic
- Must demonstrate safety awareness
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to interact with all levels of employees in a professional manner
- Must be able to use technology such as smartphones, tablets, computers, web-based applications, building automation systems, CMMS, etc.
- Must have strong attention to detail and be organized to ensure that all jobs are completed on an exemplary manner and any potential hazards or warning signs of problems are not overlooked
- Must be able to follow safety and health guidelines when performing all duties
- Regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and/or hear
- Occasionally employee is required to sit
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and occasionally handle (with mechanical equipment) up to 250 pounds
- Specific vision abilities may require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Exposure to noise levels above the OSHA action level may be possible. Proper personal safety equipment is to be used while performing this job as pointed out by plant safety procedures
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, fumes, airborne particles, chemical dust, and risk of electric shock and non-hazardous chemical agents
We offer a highly competitive benefits package and a competitive pay based on experience.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer