RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
RTP Company is currently seeking a Logistics Maintenance Technician in Winona, MN. This position is responsible for the repair and preventive maintenance of all powered mobile equipment associated with RTP Company – Winona, MN. The individual must also be flexible in order to accommodate and assist with industrial maintenance as needed.
- Maintains operational status of all forklifts and other powered support equipment including but not limited to servicing brakes, hydraulics, and battery installation
- Performs routine service and repairs on poole vehicles and semi tractors and trailers
- Maintains detailed records of repairs and routine maintenance in CMMS
- Interacts with service and parts vendors to acquire and maintain parts inventories
Skills and Abilities
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and working both as a team and independently
- Must be well organized and have a strong attention to detail
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate courtesy, tact, and confidentiality when dealing with customers (internal and external)
- Must have excellent verbal communication
- Must be able to communicate with people in various positions and levels within the company
- Must demonstrate a high level of professionalism and confidentiality
- Must have valid driver’s license and pass MVR record check
- Must be willing to travel on an as-needed basis
Education and Experience
- Two-year technical degree in automotive maintenance or related field is preferred
- Minimum five years automotive or industrial forklift repair experience required
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Regularly required to stand for long periods of time, bend and twist, repetitive motion. Kneel, stoop, crouch, or crawl
- Must lift and carry 50lbs on a regular basis
EOE, including disability/vets; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other protected status.