RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, MN, is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Germany, France, Singapore, and China. RTP Company engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
This position is responsible for reviewing documentation, including O&M manuals, drawings and bill of materials lists for parts to be added to the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
- Organize physical and electronic equipment manual libraries
- Digitize hard copy documents for electronic storage
- Create new asset and part records in CMMS
- Assists with the upkeep of records, documents, manuals, drawings, etc.
- Supports the RTP Company Quality Policy and Customer Satisfaction Mission
- Follows safety and health guidelines when performing all duties
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Have ability to follow equipment manuals and drawings
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Adobe PDF
- Past maintenance management software experience is a plus
- Must have The ability to work independently and solve problems with little direction
- Have a positive attitude, be dependable, be flexible, and have excellent attendance
- Present a strong work ethic with attention to detail
- Work within established safety procedures
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Must be able to read, write, and speak English
Education and Experience
- Must have High school diploma with 3+ years of experience in parts management or related field
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects tools and controls, talk and/or hear
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds and handle (with mechanical assistance) up to 250 pounds
- Specific vision abilities may require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
- This position requires the use of safety equipment as dictated by plant safety procedures
- Exposure to noise levels above the OSHA action level may be possible
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, airborne particles, chemical dust, risk of electric shock, moving mechanical parts, and non-hazardous chemical agents
- The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous materials as defined by the OSHA Hazard Communication standard
EOE, including disability/vets; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other protected status.