RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, MN, is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Germany, France, Singapore, and China. RTP Company engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
The Maintenance Electrician is responsible for the repair, installation, and preventative electrical maintenance of plastic production machinery and facility electrical equipment. The individual is held accountable for recognizing and troubleshooting all electrical problems related to production. This person must also take a proactive approach to preventative electrical maintenance in order to improve equipment reliability and life.
- Minimizes equipment downtime and lost production capabilities
- Troubleshoots machinery, dismantles equipment, and adjusts, replaces, or repairs defective parts
- Operates forklift when needed
- Performs necessary research of supplies, tools, and parts to complete work orders in a timely manner
- Helps keep an inventory of parts
- Assists with the upkeep of records, maintenance logs, documents, manuals, drawings, etc.
- Supports the RTP Company Quality Policy and Customer Satisfaction Mission
- Follows safety and health guidelines when performing all duties
Skills and Abilities
- Former electrical maintenance experience is strongly encouraged
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Forklift experience preferred
- Mechanical skills preferred
- Capability to accurately interpret colors
- Ability to read schematics and blueprints
- Ability to make decisions within the scope of the position
- Must have a positive attitude
- Excellent attendance
- Strong work ethic
- Works well with others
- Safety awareness
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
Education and Experience:
- A two-year electrical or similar technical degree is preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; talk and/or hear
- Occasionally the employee is required to sit
- The individual must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and occasionally handle (with mechanical equipment) weights exceeding 250 pounds
- The employee is required to use caution when using power tools including a variety of drills, saws, pipe threading and wire pulling equipment, and a core drilling machine
- Specific vision abilities may require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- This position requires the use of safety equipment as dictated by the work area such as safety glasses and shoes, respirators, face shield, hearing protection, Tyveksuit, gloves, etc.
- Exposure to noise levels above the OSHA action level may be possible
- Proper personal safety equipment is to be used while performing this job as pointed out by plant safety procedures. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, fumes, airborne particles, chemical dust, and risk of electric shock and non-hazardous chemical agents.
- Individuals must utilize appropriate PPE required for possible exposure to energized electrical equipment above 50 volts
- Employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles
- The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous materials as defined by the OSHA Hazard Communication standard
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer