RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
The Maintenance Materials Coordinator has the primary responsibility for maintenance materials coordination activities in maintenance and stockroom functions.
- Drive a high service level in support of planned and scheduled maintenance work
- Generate purchase requisitions for MRO
- Adjusts product levels up or down in system to reflect correct quantities
- Maintains free-issue MRO items
- Generates reports of daily stock movement, due-in, past-due, monthly inventory accuracy, SMOI, etc.
- Enforce storeroom policies, procedures, and security
- Run inventory cost models to identify overstock and under-stock conditions
- Work with maintenance to determine where parts are used for maintenance and repair materials
- Identify obsolete and operationally unreliable materials
- Assist reliability engineer and maintenance planners with bill of material (BOM) development
- Direct picking/kitting/staging and review of material kits on a daily basis to ensure the appropriate materials have been picked for the correct job
- Participate in the daily production/maintenance meetings as needed
- Review sourcing reports to identify expedited maintenance materials
- Schedules and creates cycle count documents
- Perform inventory reconciliation activities
- Performs housekeeping/5-S activities and attends safety meetings
- Assist with stockroom duties as needed – part returns, receiving, labeling inventories, coordinate shipments, rotate stock etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Skills and Abilities
- Must demonstrate Microsoft Office proficiency (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Must demonstrates a working knowledge of company purchasing procedures
- Must have effective interpersonal and customer service skills
- Must be efficiency-minded, well organized, detail-oriented, and disciplined
- Must demonstrate proficiency on the use of the computerized maintenance management systems (CMMS)
Education and Experience
- High school degree
- 2+ years material coordination related experience preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, climb, use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects tools and controls, talk and/or hear
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and handle (with mechanical assistance) up to 75 pounds
- Specific vision abilities require vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus to organize and identify part numbers
- This position requires the use of safety equipment as dictated by plant safety procedures
- Exposure to noise levels above the OSHA action level may be possible
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes, airborne particles, chemical dust, risk of electric shock, moving mechanical parts, and non-hazardous chemical agents
- The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous materials as defined by the OSHA Hazard Communication standard
EOE, including disability/vets; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other protected status.