RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
The Maintenance Technician routinely performs preventative maintenance on all equipment and components to ensure the continued safe, efficient, and effective operations of equipment used in the facility. This position also assists with maintaining parts inventory, organizing and maintaining the maintenance shop, as well as inspecting and diagnosing malfunctions and breakdowns and performing repairs. This person must be able to take a proactive approach to preventative maintenance to improve equipment reliability and life.
Qualifications and Responsibilities:
- Forklift and scissor lift experience
- Completes repairs, performs preventative maintenance, and troubleshoots maintenance issues on all equipment
- Responds to production requests for immediate attention to production line breakdowns
- Strong and effective communication skills, must be able to communicate with other departments within the facility
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Has the ability to make decisions within the scope of the position
- Follows and complies with all safety and work rules and regulations
- Participates in training, retraining, and continual improvement processes
- Documents work completed as required
- Maintains departmental housekeeping standards
- Basic electrical knowledge a plus
- General computer skills, ability to read and interpret schematics and blueprints, and capable of accurately distinguishing colors
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be available to work overtime; with little, to no notice
- Must be able to work independently with limited or no supervision
- Dependable/excellent attendance with a strong work ethic
- Ability to work within established safety procedures
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
Education and Experience
- Minimum two years of experience as a maintenance Technician – plastic extrusion preferred but not required
- Two-year technical degree in maintenance is desired
- Mechanical skills and experience preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, talk and/or hear.
- Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 60 pounds and occasionally handle (with mechanical equipment) up to 250 pounds
- Specific vision abilities may require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus
- Requires the use of safety equipment as dictated by the work area, such as but not limited to, safety glasses and shoes, respirators, face shield, hearing protection, coveralls, gloves, etc. Exposure to noise levels above the OSHA action level may be possible. Proper personal safety equipment is to be used while performing this job as pointed out by plant safety procedures.
- Must be comfortable performing the duties of this job (the employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, fumes, airborne particles, chemical dust, and risk of electric shock and non-hazardous chemical agents)
- Employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts and fumes or airborne particles
- The employee is occasionally exposed to hazardous materials as defined by the OSHA Hazard Communication Standard
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
EOE, including disability/vets; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other protected status.