RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
The Marketing Specialist position is part of a busy in-house team dedicated to creating and implementing marketing campaigns that support company growth and expansion. We are looking for an individual who is organized, self-motivated, and flexible, and who enjoys working collaboratively with a variety of people. The ideal candidate will have 4+ years of marketing and graphic design experience, and a degree in Marketing and/or Communications. Attention to detail, commitment to accuracy, and ability to meet deadlines are musts!
- Collaborate with key work partners on the development of regional, focused marketing campaigns to support brand recognition and sales growth
- Research target markets and regional contacts using D&B/Hoovers, Linkedln and website analytics
- Contribute to creative concepts, messaging, and visuals for regional campaigns
- Assist with trade show and event planning, including coordinating pre-and post-show activities; ordering booth components, literature, and promotional items; packing and shipping booths; importing leads
- Create graphics for literature, website, online advertising, etc.
- Explore opportunities for online advertising, including Google AdWords, remarketing and integrated strategies using Google, Linkedln, and other online tools
- Serve as lead for promotional item inventory, including shirts, pens, notepads, golf items, etc.
Skills and Abilities
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to relate to customers and co-workers in various positions and levels within a company
- Strong organizational and time management skills are a must
- Attention to detail, high level of accuracy, and meeting deadlines required
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite required, and willingness to develop further expertise in other programs such as OnContact CRM and SharePoint as needed
- Ability to develop analytical skills for the purpose of providing recommendations for collaborative programs
- Must be self-motivated, collaborative, and flexible
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Communications
- 4+ years of marketing, event planning, and project management experience required
- In-depth expertise in MS Office programs and Adobe Creative Suite required
- Experience with CRM software preferred
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time as well as look at a computer screen
- Occasional travel to other locations may be required
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer