RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, MN, is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Germany, France, Singapore, and China. RTP Company engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
We are currently seeking a Class A Regional Truck Driver based in Gahanna, Ohio. For questions and more details about this job, call 507-474-5397.
This position is responsible for the safe transportation of RTP Company materials, products, and other general commodities as directed by the RTP Company Transportation Department. Employee should anticipate 80% of duties to be over the road (regional/long haul) miles, requiring sleeper berth use and 20% of duties would be shuttle/inner city work between RTP Company buildings and vendors.
- Primarily sleeper truck duties operating van and pneumatic trailers, including 10 hour rest breaks away from home
- Receive and follow dispatch orders/instructions
- Conduct pre and post trip inspection of vehicle at specified intervals
- Hook up and drop trailers as directed by dispatch
- Operate forklift and perform loading and unloading as needed/required
- Drive vehicle on specified route observing Department of Transportation, State, Federal and RTP Company guidelines safe driving rules and regulations
- Pick up and deliver dry van (skid) products, pneumatic bulk product, and trash compactor
- Unloading/loading of pneumatic trailers with use of PTO Blower
- Communicate with customer, maintenance, safety, and dispatch on directions, breakdowns, accidents, product damage, emergencies, and other issues
- Fuel vehicle at approved locations
- Prepare all trip records and DOT logs daily. Use ELD’s (electronic log device) as required
- Participate in RTP Company meetings and quality improvement activities
- Other duties as assigned and requested by transportation/management
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to lift and move up to 75 lbs. frequently
- Strong safety awareness and work ethic
- Must have the ability to make decisions within the scope of the job responsibilities
- Must be reliable and punctual
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate courtesy, tact, and confidentiality when dealing with customers (internal and external)
Education and Experience
- Valid and unrestricted CDL A driver’s license is required
- Must be licensed to operate a manual transmission truck
- 2 years OTR experience
- Must maintain a satisfactory (as rated by DOT) driving record
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- Regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 75 lbs.
- Frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, dust, fumes, airborne particles, chemical dust, hot and cold weather conditions
- Frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts and occasionally exposed to hazardous materials as defined by the OSHA Hazard Communication standard
EOE, including disability/vets; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other protected status.