RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
We are currently hiring a Process Engineer for our Winona, MN facility. This position supports Plant Manufacturing and Technical Operations while maintaining a strong focus on continual Process Improvement and Optimization. The right candidate will apply fundamental knowledge of basic engineering principles, theories and concepts of industry standards and practices to design, automate, modify, or develop facilities, testing, machines, equipment or processes used in processing or manufacturing pf thermoplastic compounds.
- Develops, designs, and communicates manufacturing processes
- Monitors and revises processes to help generate cost savings and improve the quality and efficiency of product/process
- Participates in design reviews to improve the ability to manufacture products
- Responsible for the activities related to the development of new processes including researching current and emerging technologies, evaluating process cost, quality, and performing process characterization and optimization studies using designed experiments, problem-solving and decision making tools
- Identifies and solves issues or problems with equipment/process. Troubleshoots possible causes and coordinates the activities of maintenance, production and other available resources to implement cost effective solutions
- Provides coordination of new process installation and process changes
- Other projects/duties as assigned
- Willingness to travel to support other RTP Company sites as needed
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time. The individual will also be required to lift 50 lb. packages of raw materials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Composites, Plastics, Chemical, or Mechanical)
- 5 years of manufacturing experience in compounding or related processes
- Must be hands-on
- Ability and willingness to work under tight deadlines
- Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Must have a positive attitude
- Strong work ethic
- Works well with others
- Safety awareness
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
Come join and grow with our RTP Company family!
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer