RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
We are currently seeking a qualified candidate for a paid Product Development Engineer Internship at our Winona, MN facility. The position is a summer internship that could be extended into the school year for local candidates.
- Support Product Development Engineers with product development efforts related to
- Thermoplastic compounding
- Injection molding
- Mechanical and physical property testing
- Other testing and project work as necessary
- Recommend process improvements based on analysis
- Maintain compliance with all work standards, company policies and procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Completed 2nd or 3rd year of higher education; students with Composite Materials Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Materials Science major preferred
- Willingness to learn RTP Company business, processes, and quality assurance techniques
- Detail oriented and has ability to follow written procedures
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Be a self-starter
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team
- Ability to comply with all work standards, company policies and procedures
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time. Specific vision abilities may require close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. This position requires the use of safety equipment as dictated by the work area such as safety glasses, shoes, face shields, gloves, etc.
- Employees may be exposed to dust, odors, and fumes
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer