RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
The QA Chemist is responsible for duties and testing related to the day-to-day activities in the QA lab including routine testing and approvals, analytical testing and project work as assigned by the QA Manager or VP QA.
- Perform Contract Manufacturing lab testing and associated duties
- Must have a working knowledge of all analytical test equipment and procedures used in the lab: Thermal Analysis, Rheology, Spectroscopy, and Chromatography
- Hands on sample prep, analytical testing, and analysis report abilities
- Project work as assigned by the QA Manager or VP QA
- Maintain equipment and necessary analytical lab inventory of consumables
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a scientific field or sufficient combination of related education and work experience is required; Chemistry degree preferred, or Chemical, Mechanical or Composites Engineering degree/li>
- Must be proficient in wet lab analytical techniques
- Ability and willingness to work under tight deadlines
- Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent attendance
- Strong work ethic
- Works well with others
- Safety awareness
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Able to lift 50# packages of raw materials
EOE, including disability/vets; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other protected status.