RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for performing the required testing and inspection of injection molded specimens and pellet samples for production, sample, experimental, and raw material product types. Typical testing includes a variety of mechanical properties along with conductivity, flame retardant, ash, moisture, flow, and contamination inspections. Some limited calculations will be required as is excellent attention to detail. Following the lead of the Quality Assurance Manager, additional assignments will be completed as needed.
- Perform required testing of RTP Company plastics
- Perform injection molding on test specimens, panels, and pucks
- Collaborate with Quality Assurance Manager and other personnel to work towards the highest quality products
- Accurately record test results
- Prior related thermoplastic injection molding and/or plastics mechanical testing experience preferred
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to effectively follow written procedures
- Attention to detail for accurately reporting data
- A basic understanding of RTP Company products
- Ability to multi-task
- Good computer skills
- Good organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Works well with others
- Safety awareness
- Must have ability to read, write, and speak English
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
- Regularly required to sit for long periods of time as well as look at a computer screen
For immediate consideration please apply online.
Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer