RTP Company, headquartered in Winona, Minn., is a global compounder of custom engineered thermoplastics. The company has over 20 manufacturing plants located in the United States, Mexico, Europe, Singapore and China. RTP Company’s engineers develop customized thermoplastic compounds in over 60 different engineering resin systems for applications requiring color, conductive, elastomeric, flame retardant, high temperature, structural, and wear-resistant properties.
The Quality Engineer is an entry level position for an individual with a desire to develop into a quality management role over time. The position will be supported/mentored by our corporate Quality Assurance and Quality Systems personnel in Winona, MN. This position will require daily hands on engagement in both the materials testing process as well as the implementation of the site quality system.
- Ensure quality objectives are met: on-time shipment, conforming product, and customer satisfaction
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the test equipment and procedures
- Perform QA in process and release testing
- Provide training of additional QA lab technicians as the facility grows
- Provide on-site assistance to develop, implement, and maintain site quality management system (ISO 9001:2015)
- Develop the skills and knowledge to become the host and local expert for customer and 3rd party quality system audits
- Develop the skills and knowledge to become part of the corporate quality audit program
- Provide support for all areas as it relates to site quality issues or concerns
- Project work as assigned by Corporate QA
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee is regularly required to sit and stand for long periods of time
- Regional travel will be required periodically
- A bachelor’s degree in an engineering or scientific field or enough combination of related education and work experience is required
- Ability and willingness to work under tight deadlines and support multiple projects at one time
- Must have a positive attitude and possess excellent communication and organizational skills
- Dependable, excellent attendance
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to work with others
- Safety awareness
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
EOE, including disability/vets; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, disability, or other protected status.