- Sustainable bio-based plastic suitable for durable and semi-durable applications
- Overcome the strength, stiffness, and heat distortion limitations of neat PLA
- Proprietary nucleation and glass fiber reinforcement produce compounds with properties comparable to traditional engineering plastics
Increasing demand from consumers for “green” products can be met with plastic compounds that do not compromise performance or come with a deterring price tag. RTP Company’s first-in-the-industry glass fiber reinforced PLA compounds overcome the shortcomings of unmodified PLA by increasing its strength and stiffness with 10-40% loadings of glass fiber.
Proprietary nucleation packages are available in standard and fast-cycle versions allowing cost to be kept under control. These packages speed crystallization improving heat distortion performance to the level necessary for demanding applications. Glass fiber reinforced PLA compounds from RTP Company have the mechanical properties necessary to be used under many conditions as drop-in alternatives to reinforced polypropylene, polyesters, and nylons.
For more details download our Innovation Bulletin on Glass Fiber Reinforced PLA Bioplastic Compounds…
Innovation Bulletin Download Download a print-friendly Glass Fiber Reinforced PLA Bioplastic Compounds innovation bulletin in PDF format.
- DATA SHEETS: Engineered Bioplastic Compounds
- WHITE PAPER: High Performance Engineered Biopolymers Via Compounding
- PRESS RELEASE: RTP Company launches new cellulose fiber reinforced PP compounds for eco-friendly durables
- PRESS RELEASE: RTP Company expands bioplastic products to include impact-modified PLA compounds
- PRESS RELEASE: RTP Company receives USDA certified biobased product label for two PLA-based compounds
- PRESS RELEASE: RTP Company’s glass fiber-reinforced PLA bioplastic compounds improve strength and thermal performance
- PRESS RELEASE: Bioplastics added to RTP Company’s specialty compound product families
- PRESS RELEASE: RTP Company makes recycled post-consumer content compounds available In specialty grades