- Visible under x-ray imaging
- Shield people from x-ray generating sources
- Processable through conventional injection molding and extrusion
- Customizable for density, color, and other physical properties
- Retain desirable attributes of lead while avoiding toxicity issues
Specialty compounds can be formulated that absorb the radiation that occurs during x-ray imaging. These Radiopaque Compounds can be used in the manufacture of medical instruments, making them visible under fluoroscopy, or as a shielding material in devices that emit radiation energy. In their shielding capacity Radiopaque compounds provide a functional alternative to lead-based materials.
Innovation Bulletin Download Download a print-friendly Radiopaque Compounds innovation bulletin in PDF format.