- RoHS compliant & halogen-free products
- UL Recognized compounds with in-house testing
- Custom formulations providing multi-property solutions
Flame retardant (FR) plastics are essential to devices we use every day, providing a valuable tool in fire prevention.
In order for fire to occur its three basic elements (fuel, heat, and oxygen) must exist.
The science of flame retardance uses chemical reactions to moderate one or more of these attributes.
Flame retardant compounds help mitigate fire danger
- Increase plastic’s ignition resistance
- Reduce the speed of flame spread
- Reduce heat release
- Reduce smoke & fume generation
Our engineers have the expertise to formulate compounds that comply with FR specifications and constantly-changing regulations while also meeting the performance criteria that are necessary for your application to succeed.
RTP Company offers flame retardant compounds across our complete portfolio of 60+ resin systems. FR technologies include halogen-free and brominated chemistries, with RoHS or other environmental compliance.
Regulatory compliance is just one element of successful material selection criteria
- Meeting appropriate flammability specifications
- Perform in end-use environment for temperature and chemical exposure
- Resin system with necessary physical properties at practical cost
RTP Company has over 450 products with existing UL (Underwriters Laboratories) Recognition and qualification of new materials can be expedited with in-house testing as part of UL’s Client Test Data Program.
Most importantly, fire resistance can be combined with other property enhancements such as conductivity, structural reinforcement, wear resistance, or color in a single easy to work with compound.