In addition to the variety of TPE technologies available from RTP, there are a number of conductive additive technologies to choose from when your application requires conductive properties. Only RTP Company combines its broad TPE technology portfolio with proven conductive technologies to offer an unmatched line of permanently anti-static/ static dissipative, conductive/ESD protection, and EMI shielding TPE products.
Through our conductive technologies, RTP Company can tailor a product to hit a precise range of surface and volume resistivity performance. This graph shows the different levels of resistivity performance ranging from unmodified or insulative plastic down to the performance of metal:
The properties used to measure the conductive performance are:
- Surface resistivity (ohm/sq) — ASTM D257
- Volume resistivity (ohm-cm) — ASTM D257
- Surface resistance (ohm) — ESD STM11.11
- Static Decay (seconds) — FTMS101C 4046.1
- EMI shielding (decibels of attenuation) — ASTM D4935