Very Long Fiber Compounds offer better mechanical properties than short-fiber reinforced thermoplastics. Their high strength-to-weight ratios and very low creep result in parts that can withstand heavy loads over long periods of time, even in extreme temperatures. Compared to metal, these compounds help reduce processing costs and increase throughput.
- Pellets range from 0.5 to 2.0 in (12 to 50 mm)
- Fibers encapsulated with resin
- Superior impact with high modulus
- Reinforcement additives such as glass fiber run continuously through the length of the pellet
- Can incorporate other compounding technologies such as: color, lubricity, conductivity, or flame retardance.
- Available for injection molding, extrusion, and compression molding
Contact RTP to learn more about how our specialty compounds can solve your design challenges.