Application: Accelerator Friction Pad
Accelerator systems are now fully electronic “drive by wire”. The electronic housings need to be light weight and strong while the pedal needs to ‘feel’ like a mechanical system. (Heat range – 40°C to 80°C).
RTP 1300 Series PPS with glass fiber and PTFE
- The wear compound was successfully developed with the right balance of friction and wear to provide the ‘feel’ required by the OEM.
- Light weight
- Excellent dimensional stability
Application: Steering Position Sensor
There is a part of the steering position assembly where a shaft rotates inside the position sensor with tight tolerances which can lead to unwanted noise and wear.
RTP 4000 Series PPA with glass fiber and PTFE
- Internal lubricants
- Reduced friction
- Reduced noise (squeaking)
Application: Transmission Seals & Washers
Government regulation for fuel efficiency is driving the need for higher performance wear compounds in the power-train. The industry is also trying to increase efficiency & reduce weight to increase fuel economy. This application operates in transmission fluid with high PV.
RTP 2200 Series with Ultra Wear additives
- Eliminates the need to machine a part from a stock form
- Significant reduction in manufacturing cost
- Reduced coefficient of friction
Application: HVAC Gears
Due to extreme temperature changes (-400c to 800c) gears were creating excessive noise leading to warranty issues.
RTP 200 series and 800 series with glass fiber and PTFE.